Announcing 3-Day Workshop on Design-Based Implementation Research for Summer 2015
June 10, 2014
Barry Fishman, Bill Penuel, and Tiffany Lee will be offering a three-day workshop on design-based implementation research. The workshop is for individuals and teams interested in learning about how to develop proposals for, organize, and write about DBIR research projects. The workshop will be targeted to individual researchers in K-12, higher education, and informal settings, as well as to teams comprised of both researchers and practitioners from these settings.
The workshop will take place in Boulder, Colorado, and the dates are tentatively set for July 16-18, 2015.
Participants in the workshop will have the opportunity to:
- Gain practice with using resources to identify problems of practice
- Learn about alternate ways to organize co-design activities
- Analyze different plans for studying and using implementation evidence
- Devise strategies for local capacity building within their teams and in local educational systems
- Discuss approaches to publishing results from DBIR studies
For this initial workshop, we plan to limit participation to 50 people. We plan to offer this workshop each year in the summer in Boulder.
Check back with us here at the LearnDBIR web site for more information about price and registration.
If you are interested in participating, please email us at DBIRworkshop at gmail dot com.