Who Should Attend?
The workshop is intended as an introduction to key tools and practices of Design-Based Implementation Research. We are offering this basic workshop for both newcomers to DBIR and people who have been trying out DBIR. At present, the approach is still new enough that everyone should benefit from a learning experience where people of varying levels of familiarity with DBIR can attend.
Both individuals and teams can attend, and we will provide opportunities for teams to work together as part of the agenda.
In the past, researchers who have attended DBIR talks and workshops have included:
- University researchers
- Researchers in independent, nonprofit organizations
- Independent consultants
- Researchers in informal science centers
- Learning scientists
- Sociologists of education
- Policy researchers
- Instructional designers
- Learning technologies designers
In the past, practitioners who have attended DBIR talks and workshops have included:
- District curriculum leaders
- Instructional coaches in mathematics and science
- Teacher leaders
- Program developers and managers in community-based youth organizations
- Museum educators
- Exhibit designers