The closest international airport to CU Boulder is Denver International Airport (DIA), which is roughly 40 miles away. The airport is currently served by 19 different airlines and includes non-stop service to most major airports in North America and to airports in Central America and Europe.
The nearest train station with North American rail service is Union Station in Denver, with service from Amtrak.
Ground transportation between Denver and Boulder
Inexpensive ground transportation is available between Denver’s airport and Boulder.
- Super Shuttle (price varies, check with Super Shuttle).
- Green Ride (price varies, check with Green Ride)
- Public bus operated by RTD ($13 each way per passenger) The Route AB bus leaves every hour from DIA and drops passengers off at CU’s campus or at the Boulder Transit Center, where they can transfer buses to get to their hotel.
- Rental car rates from companies at the airport range from $50 to $85 per day.
- Taxis are more expensive: They are available for a flat rate of $88.10.